is the essential tool for emailing and uploading the latest
weather data from the weather station to your FTP Server.
How does the Publisher work?
What do I need to operate the Publisher?
- The Publisher is used to publish weather information
over the Internet
- Created weather images can be emailed to a list of recipients
- The latest weather images can be used at user defined
intervals for uploading to an FTP server
What are the changes to the Heavy
Weather Version 2.0 Beta Release?
- PC with operating system of Windows 98 or above
- Minimum browser requirements: Internet Explorer 4.0
- The Heavy Weather Version 2.0 Beta Release
- Wireless Weather Station
Why must the Heavy Weather Version
2.0 Beta Release be used?
- The 'currdat.lst' file is now created for the Publisher
to read the data from the weather station.
- Specified recording intervals at 5min, 10min, 15min,
20min, 30min, 40min, 50min and every full hour are now
taken at 'rounded times' such as 10:10 and 10:30 instead
of an 'uneven time' such as 10:17.
The Publisher must read the newly created data file 'currdat.lst'
otherwise the data from the weather station cannot be displayed
in the Publisher
If you have the old version of the Heavy Weather installed
in your PC, uninstall this first before installing the new
Heavy Weather Version 2.0 Beta Release. Uninstalling the
old Heavy Weather will not remove the saved history files
from your PC. The history files will remain unaffected and
can be used again once the newer version is installed however
as with any file, users should take the precaution to make
a backup copy of a history file in the event of data loss
during the un-installing and installation process.
To download and install both the 'Heavy Weather Version
2.0 Beta Release' and 'The HeavyWeatherPublisher 1.0 Beta
4', follow these steps:
the Heavy Weather installer on this page into a suitable
location on your PC
- Double click on the downloaded installer icon and follow
the onscreen instructions to install the application to
a location of your choice (installed in C:\HeavyWeather
the Publisher application from this page into a suitable
location on your PC
- Double click on the downloaded Publisher setup installer
icon and follow the onscreen instructions to install the
Publisher to a location of your choice (installed in C:\HeavyWeather
- Both applications are now installed and ready for use
with your weather station
The Publisher Test Server:
Notes for operating Publisher:
For testing purposes, the http://www.heavyweathertest.info
Publisher Server has been setup to provide first time users
the experience of uploading weather images to an FTP Server.
To upload the weather image simply click on the Test button
of Publisher and the image is exported to the server.
- If the Heavy Weather or the Publisher applications are
installed outside the C:\HeavyWeather directory, then
please the map the 'currdat.lst' file to your new directory
in the Publisher 'Extras/Options' since this file is set
at C:\HEAVYWEATHER\currdat.lst by default
- As a suggestion the Publisher should be setup in C:\HeavyWeather
to read the 'currdat.lst' file.
- Online connection must be established for the test feature
to work on the Publisher Server.